Update
Tuesday, March 28, 2006
  Funky South Beach
We arrived in Miami and immediately proceeded to South Beach to meet up with our friend for dinner. We had a beautiful meal at Grillfish, and walked around to admire the art deco buildings along Ocean Drive. The demographic is young and hip with a strong African American flavour to it. Cars with fancy wheel caps, people sitting outside, loud bass blaring out from stereos – I felt like I was in some sort of a movie. The atmosphere was light and festive and reminded me of water festival back home. I wanted to take a picture with a man with all-gold teeth and big chains but thought better than to ask him. Pavel and I in our khakis and tan jackets definitely screamed ‘tourists’.

 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
If you are not familiar with Blogger (or my handicapped version of it) please note that this page does not show the whole blog. Go to Archives below.

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Blogging as a convenient replacement for a webpage, mainly for friends and family to view.

ARCHIVES
November 2005 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / October 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 /


Locations of visitors to this page

Powered by Blogger