Gadget addiction
I have a habit of accumulating gadgets that I don't seem to make the most use out of. They bring me immense satisfaction and quells the restlessness I feel from dreaming of but not owning them. They are for me what shoes are for many other women. They also give my loved ones a source of inspiration for gifts that I always appreciate! So in the end, I consider them well worth it. The latest acquisitions that fall into or may soon fall into the 'will gather dust and be obsolete in a year's time are' are:
- a food processor: top of the line, semi-professional, Magimix 5200. Does it matter that I usually cook for two and actually enjoy slicing and dicing by knife? Of course not. It now occupies the top of our fridge and the big box of blades, etc. crowd one of the cabinets. I am told it will last me forever - I know forever means, until my craze for the next new model strikes. Sigh.
- a digital SLR: a beautiful Canon 30D with an 18-55mm lens, which will join the other 2 lenses that my father gave me as going away present for university along with my other regular Canon EOS SLR, which I haven't touched since the advent of decent compact digitals. I've been meaning to go out and test my new digital SLR - may have to arrange a holiday to fuel some inspiration.
- an iPod shuffle: limegreen and complete with an engraving of my name and email address. What's the excuse given I have larger iPod that doesn't leave the house and is storing around 1% of its 40GB capacity? - need this little one to go to the gym. Now don't ask me when/whether I go to the gym...